Currently, we are seeking an experienced individual to be a part of our Offshoot segment (http://offshootbooks.com/).
We are looking for an experienced individual who has expertise in English subject and has worked on the content for academic content for K8 division.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to
- Understand Offshoot and the essence behind the books.
- Ensure each book has a unique and fresh presentation style.
- Ensure relevant, age-appropriate and factually correct content is released.
- Generate plagiarism free and age-appropriate content.
- Ensure each book has a global appeal.
- Ensure the content, layout and illustrations match the theme of the series.
- Create and updating stylesheets.
- Ensure process adherence.
- Review content and delivery schedule on a regular basis
- Think of new ideas and plans to take Offshoot to the next level.
- Look for solutions proactively.
Key skills required:
- 5-10 years of experience in academic publishing or a similar relevant organisation for the subject English
- Post Grad/Masters from English or a relevant degree from an institute of repute
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Sense of responsibility
- Focus to follow all rules and regulations.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Role type - Contractual 3 months (the contract duration may be extended per the requirement of the project and the organisation)
- Immediate joiners required.
- Selection process - requires the candidate/s to appear for a virtual assessment/s.
- Association with a brand with Pan India presence and nearly 4 decades of roots.
- Compensation - Per the industry standards and company guidelines
- Other - Please note The selected candidates can also be required to work with a parallel segment Digital Publishing (academic, dealing with National boards for K8 segment)
Reminder for applicants
- Kindly apply with updated CVs only.
- Ensure start month and the year + end month and year for each employment/organisation of correctly mentioned.
- KRAs must be defined in the CV.
- Any freelance/temporary/contractual role must be marked as a freelance/freelance/temporary contractual role.
- Incomplete CVs/applications will not be entertained.
Salary: Not Disclosed by Recruiter
Industry:Printing & Publishing
Role Category:Content Development
Employment Type:Full Time, Temporary/Contractual
PG:M.A in Journalism, Communication, English,M.Ed in Any Specialization
Ratnasagar pvt limited
Ratna Sagar is one of the largest and most renowned publishing houses in India today. Ratna Sagar is named after a library of the Nalanda University, an ancient seat of learning which flourished over 2000 years ago. Founded in 1982, Ratna Sagar brings out books that represent exemplary standards of publishing. It has been our endeavour to prove ourselves worthy of our ancient namesake. Our mission statement reads, to bring out books for children that really constitute an ocean of gems. These books will employ the most modern and proven approaches towards the shaping of young minds.
Ratna Sagar was awarded the ISO 9001-2008 certification in 2010 and ISO 14001:2004 certification in 2013. Our rich tapestry of books has become synonymous with quality education. Our books are being used by the leading schools of the country.
To quote our quality policy statement, “Each book embodies the highest level of teaching methodology, designing, presentation and pedagogical effectiveness.” Perhaps the best illustration of this missionary zeal can be found in the books developed by Ratna Sagar for effective English Language Teaching and also in our flagship series Living Science. Our books are carefully and attractively designed by our experts to make learning an interesting, creative and fun-filled experience.
Ratna Sagar regularly hosts seminars and workshops in its ongoing programme for effective education. As part of this programme we organize workshops on English Teaching, Motivation, Creative Writing & the Art of Storytelling. Participants include school principals, teachers and educators.
In order to achieve our objective of excellence and innovation in education, Ratna Sagar jointly publishes educational books as well as medical books with other national and international publishers such as Scholastic, Blake Publishing, Byword and Dr NDTV. Ratna Sagar has also joined hands with Harper Collins to bring the world-famous Collins dictionaries to the Indian reader. Among the seventeen dictionaries marketed by Ratna Sagar are French, Spanish, German and Italian dictionaries for Indian schoolchildren.
For the past 25 years Ratna Sagar has been identified with high quality school-level books. The market response and the acceptance of our books by schools across India, thanks to the support and cooperation of teachers, has been excellent. This has encouraged us to think in terms of forward integration and diversifying into the publication of higher academic books. With the launch of its new imprint PRIMUS BOOKS, Ratna Sagar has now ventured into publishing academic reference works and textbooks for professors, lecturers, research scholars and graduate and postgraduate students.