Ratna Sagar is looking for Sr. Editor/Assistant Managing Editor (English) for our independent venture Sky Books (https://www.skybooks.in/)
Product line focus - Academic Books (grades K-8)
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to
- Develop content (complementing other forms of audience outreach; these narratives must be designed to interest-specific audiences, using tailored language to capture the attention)
- Ensure relevant, age-appropriate, and factually correct error-free content is processed.
- Oversee team(s) and their work to meet the deadlines.
- Ensure quality control at every stage of the editorial and production process.
- Create and update style sheets and guidelines for the team
- Coordinate with other (parallel) teams to ensure timely delivery of the product
- Check content (e.g. write-ups, images, artwork, etc.) for accuracy and ensure that it complies with copyright and privacy regulations.
- Review content and delivery schedule on a regular basis
- Ensure a complete process adherence
- Look for solutions proactively
- Ensure that the final product is of the highest possible quality within the constraints of time and budget
Key skills required:
- Ideally someone with a minimum of 10 years of proven work experience in a similar editorial role
- Post Grad (regular) from the English stream.
- Team handling experience will be preferable
- Excellent communication skills (writing/reading/speaking).Ability to coordinate and oversee teams of various skill sets.
- Abilities in planning and coordinating people and operations.
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills.
- Demonstrate good time management and attention to detail.
- 5 days working
- Job Type Work from office regular office hours.
- Selection process Selection process requires the candidate/s to come to the office in Delhi for the interview. No provision for the remote or virtual test.
- Location Mukherjee Nagar, Delhi (nearest Metro station GTB Nagar). 10 mins distance from there.
- Association with a brand with Pan India presence and nearly 4 decades of roots.
- Job Location Mukherjee Nagar Delhi
- Compensation Per the industry standards
Salary: Not Disclosed by Recruiter
Role Category:Content Development
Employment Type:Full Time, Permanent
PG:M.A in Journalism, Arts & Humanities, Communication, English,M.Ed in Education
SKY BOOKS is a fast growing, research-driven company, with a view to revolutionise learning systems. We publish high quality educational material and provide support services to both, the learner and the educator. Our Authors, Editors and Educational Consultants have a collective experience of more than twenty years in Teaching, Publishing and Designing Curriculum. At SKY BOOKS, we are conscious of the increasingly dynamic learning environment of today and the challenges it brings with it. The books we publish go beyond merely providing the 3Rs. They not only make learning and teaching purposeful but also provide the right foundation to develop the twenty-first century skills that children need to succeed. The books are learner centric and make the teaching process effective and meaningful for the facilitators and educators. While adhering to the syllabus and pedagogy of the subject, our books incorporate age-appropriate and authentic references, avoid stereotypes and inculcate relevant and useful life skills and values. The books guide the children towards self-learning, completely doing away with rote learning. To facilitate todays educators to utilize their time optimally, we provide support in a variety of formats such as print, digital and interactive learning resources. Today, we have several satisfied users and this list is growing. The simple, comprehensible yet compelling content that is visually appealing will help learners with diverse learning styles, ability levels and skills.