Primus Books is an academic publisher, serving learning and scholarship in higher education and the professional world. We publish ground breaking research monographs, edited volumes, reference works and textbook in print and electronic formats with primary focus in the fields of history, anthropology, political science, literature, and management.
Primus Books is looking for an ambitious and energetic candidate to be a part of our team as Marketing Editor to help us reach out to our audience.
Position Location Delhi
KRA's are as follows;
- Extract material for Primus catalogues from book jackets, supervise page set-up/formatting, categorize published books under different rubrics and heads and proofread the matter.
- Extract material for advertisements from jackets and supervise their formatting and mail them to journals and magazines.
- Prepare meta data for on-line customers like Amazon and Ingram.
- Prepare for internal circulation, product briefing material of all books due for publication 3 months down the line.
- Prepare digital publicity leaflets of books when books are being released for printing.
- Prepare a list of journals and magazines where books have to be sent for post-publication reviews, and subsequent follow up by mail.
- Track delivery of complimentary copies sent out by the editorial.
- Maintain and update content of the Primus Website, including the display of discounts and special offers on different titles.
- Follow up on orders received including receipt of payment.
- Organize book launches and displays at book exhibitions and prepare material for them.
- Undertake tours of colleges, universities and research institutions to call on faculty members of Humanities and Social Science departments to promote the brand and Primus publications with a view to securing orders, as well as to solicit manuscripts that will fit into Primus publishing programme.
- To collect contact details and specializations of faculty members and compile them in a mailing list. Prepare a database.
Salary: Not Disclosed by Recruiter
Role Category:Content Development
Employment Type:Full Time, Permanent
UG:B.A in Arts&Humanities, Political Science, Communication, Economics, Psychology, English, Sociology, Fine Arts, History, Journalism
PG:M.A in History, Journalism, Anthropology, Political Science, Arts & Humanities, Communication, Psychology, Economics, English, Sociology, Fine arts
Doctorate:Doctorate Not Required
Ratna Sagar Pvt limited
Ratna Sagar is one of the largest and most renowned publishing houses in India today. Ratna Sagar is named after a library of the Nalanda University, an ancient seat of learning which flourished over 2000 years ago. Founded in 1982, Ratna Sagar brings out books that represent exemplary standards of publishing. It has been our endeavour to prove ourselves worthy of our ancient namesake. Our mission statement reads, to bring out books for children that really constitute an ocean of gems. These books will employ the most modern and proven approaches towards the shaping of young minds.
Ratna Sagar was awarded the ISO 9001-2008 certification in 2010 and ISO 14001:2004 certification in 2013. Our rich tapestry of books has become synonymous with quality education. Our books are being used by the leading schools of the country.
To quote our quality policy statement, Each book embodies the highest level of teaching methodology, designing, presentation and pedagogical effectiveness. Perhaps the best illustration of this missionary zeal can be found in the books developed by Ratna Sagar for effective English Language Teaching and also in our flagship series Living Science. Our books are carefully and attractively designed by our experts to make learning an interesting, creative and fun-filled experience.
Ratna Sagar regularly hosts seminars and workshops in its ongoing programme for effective education. As part of this programme we organize workshops on English Teaching, Motivation, Creative Writing & the Art of Storytelling. Participants include school principals, teachers and educators.
In order to achieve our objective of excellence and innovation in education, Ratna Sagar jointly publishes educational books as well as medical books with other national and international publishers such as Scholastic, Blake Publishing, Byword and Dr NDTV. Ratna Sagar has also joined hands with Harper Collins to bring the world-famous Collins dictionaries to the Indian reader. Among the seventeen dictionaries marketed by Ratna Sagar are French, Spanish, German and Italian dictionaries for Indian schoolchildren.
For the past 25 years Ratna Sagar has been identified with high quality school-level books. The market response and the acceptance of our books by schools across India, thanks to the support and cooperation of teachers, has been excellent. This has encouraged us to think in terms of forward integration and diversifying into the publication of higher academic books. With the launch of its new imprint PRIMUS BOOKS, Ratna Sagar has now ventured into publishing academic reference works and textbooks for professors, lecturers, research scholars and graduate and postgraduate students.