As the Business Development Manager, you will build and grow strategic partnerships with schools, generate revenue, drive adoption, continuously active use of Reading Eggs and Mathseeds, and enable engagement within the school, student, and teacher communities in the long term.
- As a Business Development Manager, you work towards rapid scale-up and closure of monetised schools in your area
- Accurately forecast future sales results, adapting to constant changes in the market
- Track product usage metrics of the Reading Eggs and Mathseeds user schools in your area
- Present weekly KPIs to your manager
- Do a deep dive into our current functionality of tools and adopt them quickly
- Contribute directly to helping students learn with Reading Eggs and Mathseeds by managing the sales cycle for your accounts
- Work with your manager to discuss, plan, and implement processes that drive desired outcomes
- Work with your manager to identify key opportunities that will enable your area to exceed critical milestones
- Collaborate with the CS and AE teams to identify key opportunities for growth and development
Who You Are:
- A prospector, who can initiate contact (cold call), demo, and close relationships with school principals, directors, and academic coordinators.
- Experienced in B2B sales, with 3-4 years of experience in solutions selling and an understanding of subscription business models
- Able to effectively identify customer needs and communicate the value of Reading Eggs and Mathseeds and present to key stakeholders in schools
- Able to manage your pipeline by forecasting and planning your activity
- Able to improve our sales process by trying new techniques and developing new resources
- Excited to learn about game-based learning, instructional strategies
Bonus Points For:
- Ed-tech industry experience
- Experience in a startup environment
Kindly share your profile at email@example.com
Role:Business Development Manager (BDM)
Salary: Not Disclosed by Recruiter
Industry:Printing & Publishing
Department:Sales & Business Development
Role Category:BD / Pre Sales
Employment Type:Full Time, Permanent
Ratna Sagar Pvt. Ltd.
Ratna Sagar is one of the largest and most renowned publishing houses in India today. Ratna Sagar is named after a library of the Nalanda University, an ancient seat of learning which flourished over 2000 years ago. Founded in 1982, Ratna Sagar brings out books that represent exemplary standards of publishing. It has been our endeavour to prove ourselves worthy of our ancient namesake. Our mission statement reads, to bring out books for children that really constitute an ocean of gems. These books will employ the most modern and proven approaches towards the shaping of young minds.
Ratna Sagar was awarded the ISO 9001-2008 certification in 2010 and ISO 14001:2004 certification in 2013. Our rich tapestry of books has become synonymous with quality education. Our books are being used by the leading schools of the country.
To quote our quality policy statement, Each book embodies the highest level of teaching methodology, designing, presentation and pedagogical effectiveness. Perhaps the best illustration of this missionary zeal can be found in the books developed by Ratna Sagar for effective English Language Teaching and also in our flagship series Living Science. Our books are carefully and attractively designed by our experts to make learning an interesting, creative and fun-filled experience.
Ratna Sagar regularly hosts seminars and workshops in its ongoing programme for effective education. As part of this programme we organize workshops on English Teaching, Motivation, Creative Writing & the Art of Storytelling. Participants include school principals, teachers and educators.
In order to achieve our objective of excellence and innovation in education, Ratna Sagar jointly publishes educational books as well as medical books with other national and international publishers such as Scholastic, Blake Publishing, Byword and Dr NDTV. Ratna Sagar has also joined hands with Harper Collins to bring the world-famous Collins dictionaries to the Indian reader. Among the seventeen dictionaries marketed by Ratna Sagar are French, Spanish, German and Italian dictionaries for Indian schoolchildren.
For the past 25 years Ratna Sagar has been identified with high quality school-level books. The market response and the acceptance of our books by schools across India, thanks to the support and cooperation of teachers, has been excellent. This has encouraged us to think in terms of forward integration and diversifying into the publication of higher academic books. With the launch of its new imprint PRIMUS BOOKS, Ratna Sagar has now ventured into publishing academic reference works and textbooks for professors, lecturers, research scholars and graduate and postgraduate students.