* Evaluate manuscripts selected by the editors and take a final decision to accept/reject.
* Check final content for factual accuracy, clarity and continuity of the text.
* Based on the synthesis of the reviews and a reading of the manuscript, writes a short evaluative constructive report reflecting the strengths and weaknesses of the manuscript for the authors and the editor.
* Making content selection decisions based on the reviews and votes of the Editorial Members and other reviewers.
* Setting and enforcing deadlines.
* Coordinate with authors, illustrators & artists.
* Give inputs to the sales department regarding the USPs of our books.
* Delegate jobs to other editors and allot deadlines as per the publisher for each project.
* Meet with the production department to finalize on the printing costs and schedules.
* Prepare the final articles for layout and reviewing the page proofs of the layout.
Salary: Not a constraint for the right candidate
Functional Area: Journalism, Editing, Content
Role Category: Content Developer
Role: Content Developer